Cyclocross

Cyclocross
Crazy fast - Crazy hard - Crazy Fun

Friday, December 4, 2009

EuroCross Camp Selection


I thought I would pass along some really good news. Last week I was invited to participate in EuroCrossCamp (Eurocrosscamp.com) and will be headed to Belgium in the middle of December and be there a little over 2 weeks. The camp roster was run in a Cycling News story on Tuesday (www.cyclingnews.com/features/euro-cross-camp-is-a-go) with a pretty good summary of the Camp's purpose.

The roster includes 18 riders from around the US, including 7 - Junior, 8 - Under 23 and 3 Elite riders. I am in very good company. Currently I am scheduled to depart Boston on the 17th and be in Belgium on the 18th after a short layover in London's Heathrow Airport. The first race will be the Kalmthout World Cup on the 20th and while the associated Junior race is not a WC race, it is still a very big race. The following 2 weeks will be followed by either racing or recovery days with the possibility of 7 more races total. I am scheduled to return on the 5th of January.

My plan is to send regular update and race reports from "across the pond" to sponsors, teammates and other supporters. I should have access to the internet and my laptop with hopes of a few good photos of the mud, rain and snow. If you would like to be included on that list let me know and I will add you to it.

I have a pretty big list of things that have to be squared-away in the next 2 1/2 weeks so I can head out. As expected, I am doing all of the heavy lifting and have squared away the flight details, bike transport, passport and a portion of the sponsorship that is needed. So far we have covered about a 1/2 of the cost from generous support from my cycling team (Sunapee - www.sunapeecyclingteam.com), from Wilcox & Barton (my father's employer) and from Revolution Cyclery (www.revcycle.net), the bicycle shop where I have worked for the last 4 years. We are still in the process of pursuing other sponsorship and funding sources, so if you have any ideas feel free to let me know.

I have arranged to borrow several bike boxes from friends(thank you Ed & Herb), the Team has provided more than enough uniforms to race in and I am already packing all of the warm cycling clothing I own (and some of my dads). I am very excited about the opportunity that has presented itself. Regardless of the race results, I am confident that I will represent New England and US cycling well and will have fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment